Picture of April Lindala
Different Pancake Recipe - Pumpkin Pecan Blueberry
by April Lindala - Sunday, May 13, 2012, 1:21 PM

Happy Mother's Day!! My mom said I better write this down before I forget. so...here's my made up recipe from this morning's breakfast for my mom.

2 cups pumpkin seed flour

1/4 cup maple sugar

1/4 cup corn meal

1 tsp of kosher salt

1 cup of pecans chopped up

2 large duck eggs

1 cup of water

1 cup of frozen blueberries

just a bit of sunflower oil

Mix dry ingredients very well first. Add the duck eggs and cup of warm water. Mix well again so that all of the dry stuff is covered in the moistness. Then add blueberries and mix well again. Heat griddle and place sunflower oil on top and let warm. I placed two medium size ladles of pancake mix on the griddle for one pancake (about 2.5 inches across). Be sure to flip when the pancake starts to show lots of little holes. Makes 12 cakes. Keep warm in oven on a pie tin...then serve with warm maple syrup. 

My mother assumed I had made this before today since I just went about my business and 'looked confident' in what I was doing. Since I don't make pancakes very much...I had not even read any other recipes...so I was extremely grateful that this turned out so well.  I wonder how this would be as a waffle recipe! If only I had a waffle iron to test it out.

Picture of April Lindala
Re: Different Pancake Recipe - Pumpkin Pecan Blueberry
by April Lindala - Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10:52 AM

I doubled this recipe and added an additional 1/4 cup of corn flour (on top of the "double) as well as 2/3 cups of minomiin flour. ADDITIONALLY, I also kept pecans at 1 cup and blueberries at 1 cup. Since I am actually mixing this right now I apologize for this mess. I'll write it out later.