1 pound of ground venison

1 pound of ground bison

2 cups of chopped leek greens

6 duck eggs

½ cup corn meal

½ cup pumpkin seed flour

½ cup maple sugar

¾ cup bison broth

2 table spoons each of the following spices: leek salt, sea salt, sun choke powder, sweet fern

Cook covered at 375 degrees for one hour. Cook uncovered for an additional 20-30 minutes or until browned on top and sides. Check center to ensure it is cooked throughout before serving. Goes well with pinto beans and sweet potatoes.  

Picture of April Lindala
Re: DDP Venison/Bison Meat Loaf
by April Lindala - Thursday, May 17, 2012, 9:14 PM

walt and i give this a big thumbs up. too bad we don't have all of the ingredients!!
Picture of April Lindala
My meatloaf has the "blues" inspired by above recipe
by April Lindala - Monday, January 28, 2013, 5:42 PM

Venison/Bison Meat Loaf inspired by above recipe

1.5 pounds of ground venison

1 pound of ground bison

1/4 cup DDP spice blend

1/2 cup corn meal

1/2 cup pumpkin seed flour

1/2 cup wild rice flour

1/2 cup maple sugar

1 tsp of salt

1 cup of tostitos blue corn chips crushed up very, very well (used as breading)

4 duck eggs

sunflower spray for pans

Mix meat together very well (use your hands!). Add dry ingredients first to the meat but only use 3/4 cup of the tostitoes blue corn chips. In a seperate bowl whisk eggs very well and pour one cup at a time and again use your hands...mis this very well with your meat/spice mixture. We actually used closer to 3.5 eggs, but the duck eggs were rather jumbo this time around. I put in two small mini-loaves (measurement unsure, but they are .29 cents at GFC and the same I used for my bread pans). This was a perfect split between the mixture. Once in these pans (which should have been sprayed with sunflower oil) I pour the remaining 1/4 cup of crushed chips on top. This didn't work as well as I had hoped. They need a "sauce" or something for stickiness - but I thought they tasted good).

Cook covered with foil at 375 degrees for one hour. Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until browned on top and sides. Temp was about 180 degrees when we pulled them out of the oven. Perfect! Good consistency - especially for sandwiches (for Walt).