Picture of Kristine Maki
Dandelion Chips
by Kristine Maki - Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 10:31 PM

Kale chips are a huge hit with my youngest son so I figured...why not do the same thing with dandelion greens? And btw, we love these, too!

Ingredients Needed:
Dandelion greens (however many 'chips' you want to make)
Sunflower oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your dandelion greens by washing them and drying them (pat with dry towel). Rip the dandelion greens in "chip size" or just make sure they're all about the same size so they bake evenly.

Put your greens in a bowl with just enough sunflower oil to coat them and use your hands to do this. Lay on a baking sheet. Make sure the greens aren't touching. Sprinkle with salt and bake anywhere from 5-10 minutes. This totally depends on your oven but BE CAREFUL they can burn easily. I always judge by the smell-- if they smell crispy but not yet burnt-- they're done. If you're not sure just take them out and feel if they are slightly crisp. Let them cool on a plate and enjoy right away! I've tried storing these in a bag overnight and they weren't crispy anymore-- but we still ate them. :)

Definitely a fun way to eat some greens and the oil and salt bring out some different flavors.