Picture of Cadeau Jessica
COOKIES!
by Cadeau Jessica - Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 4:30 PM

I just invented these this afternoon and oh my...how am I going to resist these when they're in the house? Good thing, I shouldn't have to! They are completely DDP friendly!

-1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (could probably use pecan butter or hazelnut butter, etc)

-2/3 cup maple syrup

-1 1/2 cup corn flour

-1/4 teaspoon salt

-a handful or 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)

Mix all together and drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. They don't spread out much while cooking, so don't worry about them running into each other. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or so. Just check them around that time and I'd say they are done when slightly firm when the center is touched and they are golden brown on bottom and/or edges.

YUM!

Picture of April Lindala
Re: COOKIES!
by April Lindala - Monday, April 30, 2012, 6:56 PM

YAY! Sounds great......no duck eggs even...wow...can't wait to try this...where did you find sunflower seed butter?
by Cadeau Jessica - Monday, April 30, 2012, 9:56 PM

I made my own at home. I roasted the sunflower seeds I had (which were raw) and then blended them up with some sunflower oil and salt. I'm not a huge fan of the taste though (I'm a peanut butter fan instead!). It does seem to taste a bit better with some maple syrup in it. lol I haven't tried the kinds at the store though- I think you might be able to find some at the co-op.
Picture of April Lindala
by April Lindala - Saturday, August 18, 2012, 3:56 PM

So I attempted something similar here with cookies. BUT...made some changes and don't think it worked out quite as well because I think I messed up a bit.

• 3 cups pumpkin seed flour
  • 2/3 cups pecan flour
  • 2/3 cups sun butter
  • 1 cup maple syrup (might I say, that was hard to sacrifice)
  • 1 duck egg
  • 2 tsps of salt
  • 1 quarter size drop of sunflower oil   

Mix the dry ingredients first. Mix well. Add the moist ingredients one at a time, mix well after each ingredient (I put the oil and duck egg in together). Place drops of dough on oiled cookie sheets (I used sunflower spray).Pre-heat over to 350 and once ready, place cookie sheets in the middle (not on top) and let sit for 15 minutes. Watch for bottoms to turn a bit brown.

The reason I say I messed up it because the "dough" turned out to be soft...more like muffin mix. So...I may have neglected to put in THREE cups of pumpkin seed flour. I think I only put in two cups. I will try this again ...but I will substitute maple sugar for maple syrup. So I will have to figure out a measurement there. I might also add more sun butter. Going to look at some other recipes to play around with this. Would be nice to have more of these kinds of snacks though. Thanks for posting this Jessica. Won't it be cool to make holiday cookies as all DDP cookies?!

by Cadeau Jessica - Sunday, August 19, 2012, 8:58 AM

It would be a hoot to make all DDP holiday cookies. :) Just terribly expensive for all the maple syrup! :( That's one reason I haven't been experimenting with as many sweets recipes as I would like to. I guess it's probably for the better anyways, so I don't eat too much of it. lol

Picture of April Lindala
by April Lindala - Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 8:40 PM

Another attempt at cookies tonight.

3 cups of pumpkin seed flour

1 cup of sunbutter

2/3 cups of pecan flour

1 tsp of salt

2 duck eggs

1 half dollar size dollap of sunflower oil

mix ingredients together - makes about a cantelope size ball of cookie dough. Good cookie dough texture this time! (I am convinced I slighted the last recipe a cup of pumpkin seed flour.)

Made each cookie ball about size of a golf ball then flattened once on cookie sheet. Dough does not taste is not as sweet probably because I used maple sugar instead of maple syrup. However, I have yet to taste the finished baked product.

Have these cookies baking at 350 degrees right not. Will take out after 15 minutes to check on them. smell heavenly!!! Still rather soft at 15 minutes...will check again in two minutes. Took them out. They look great, but at first tap... they are still soft. perhaps 18-20 minutes next time. Haven't tried them yet...but wow..they smell great!!!  Fingers crossed.

Picture of April Lindala
by April Lindala - Friday, September 7, 2012, 7:45 PM

holy crap...I forgot to put maple sugar in the recipe above.

I can't remember how much I used...I think 1 1/2 cups. I'm trying the recipe again...sorry everyone!