Picture of Cadeau Jessica
Marty- baked beans recipe?
by Cadeau Jessica - Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 2:17 PM

Marty, I'm having trouble finding a maple baked beans recipe that I had saw you wrote about a while back. You just made it for the cook-off this past weekend and the kids and Eric and I are in love with some of the leftovers that we got to bring home!

Picture of Samantha Hasek
Re: Marty- baked beans recipe?
by Samantha Hasek - Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 3:47 PM

Hi Jessica, the recipe is super simple!

1 bag (14-16 ounces) dried beans, pinto or great northern
2 cups maple sugar
salt

Wash and soak beans for 24 hours. Drain, rinse, and pour beans into a baking pan. Add maple sugar, lightly sprinkle salt over top, and add enough water to just cover the beans.  Cook in the oven at 225 degrees overnight or for at least five hours.

Enjoy :)

Also, question for you - when you prepare your wild rice flour, what are the steps and do you use a food processor, coffee grinder, or something else?

by Cadeau Jessica - Wednesday, May 1, 2013, 5:23 PM

Thanks Samantha!

When I prepare my wild rice flour I usually just blend it up in my high speed blender. I would assume that a coffee grinder would work just as well- I think that is how some of the other DDPers had been doing theirs.

Picture of Samantha Hasek
by Samantha Hasek - Friday, May 3, 2013, 11:01 AM

Good to know. Another thing - do you remember how to make the DDP "chocolate" sauce that your team whipped up at the cook-off?

by Cadeau Jessica - Friday, May 3, 2013, 11:57 AM

That's a tough one! Mitch's mother made the sauce and all I remember being in it was sunbutter, cherry juice, and maybe a splash of the crabapple vinegar. Try asking Mitch or Kristine if they could ask Mitch's mother.